SPECIAL SECTION: Do NOT B.S.
- Trying to impress scorers by using big vocabulary words you are not sure how to use properly detracts from – not adds to – your score.
- Trying to impress scorers by sounding artificially sophisticated when you do not know what you are talking about detracts from – not adds to –your score.
- Writing simply for the sake of writing (i.e. aimless, wandering, & imprecise sentences written just to fill space on the page) detracts from – not adds to – your overall score.
Test Graders are masters at detecting B.S. so don’t even try it.
- Make real points.
- Take a definite Point of View
- Implement the proper, 4 paragraph structure.
- Use specific details and vivid language.
- Include a personal example from your own, unique life.
* If you do all of this, there is no need to B.S. – you will be in good shape.