I am hosting a free webinar tomorrow in conjunction with eSchool News on how to sensibly incorporate technologies and new literacies in the classroom. Sneak peek hint: It’s all about the writing!
Like a thousand people have already signed up.
Here’s a bit of what I plan to cover:
- Understanding why the bells and whistles of technology will not replace the need for students to critically read, write and think
- Seeing how cutting edge tech tools can (and should) coexist side-by-side with projects that can be done by candlelight.
- Recognizing that successfully incorporating technology in today’s classroom BEGINS WITH THE WRITING!
- Getting comfortable with the idea that technology is evolving at such a rapid pace that there is no more “keeping up”.
- Re-conceptualizing our methodologies so that we can allow students to demonstrate their full capabilities without unnecessarily holding them back simply because we, the educators, do not have the same technological abilities that they, the students, possess.
FYI, if you are interested, click here. Should be good stuff. (Note: if you can’t make the time, they are going to post it so you’ll still have a chance if your schedule collides.)